The objectives of education in the Department of Ethnology are to make students possess:
- fundamental knowledge in the disciplines of humanities and social sciences;
- knowledge in the discipline of ethnology;
- the concepts to acknowledge and understand multi-ethnic phenomena, as well as the abilities in communicating and integrating the diversity,
and to educate future:
- academic professionals in the discipline of ethnology;
- administrative professionals in the indigenous governance and public sectors that are related to ethnic administration;
- professionals in the ethnographical work and the carriers related to culture and history; such as the publishing industry.